If you have enabled the "Reserve a Chat Slot" feature for attendees to book a time slot in advance to chat with booth reps, then you can also define a specific time duration allowed for each slot. The time slot of all the booth reps can either be the same or it could be different as well.
The chat slot time duration can be configured in the following three ways:
- Booth setup form
- Adding a new chat slot from the backend
- Defining same chat slots for all the booth representatives
Adding a new chat slot from the backend
If a booth rep’s chat availability timings were not provided at the time of filling up the booth setup form, there is always a way to explicitly define a registered booth rep’s chat availability timing from the backend. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Listings from the path: More Settings -> Chat Slot -> Listings.
- On the Chat Slots screen, click the +Add button.
- On the Create New Slot popup form, enter the following details:
- Select the name from the dropdown list
- Select the booth user from the dropdown list. Only the registered booth reps will appear in the list.
- Set up the Start Date, and the End Date.
- Set up the chat slot Start Time, and the End Time. The time slot duration has the format hh : mm (hours : minutes). Click on the Save button.
Note: Even if a universal chat slot duration is set up for the rest of the booth representatives, this chat slot timing will overwrite the universal time period for the booth rep for whom this chat slot is configured.
Defining same chat slots for all the booth representatives
To define a consistent chat slot duration for all the booth representatives throughout the event, go to More Settings -> Chat Invitation. On the Chat Invitation screen, enter the Start Time and the End Time to define the booth representatives’ chat availability timings on the event day.
Interval: Enter the time in hours : minutes here to set up the time duration of a chat slot. All the chat slots will be of the same interval as defined here. It is recommended to add this time interval when it is being set up universally (same time interval for all chats durations across the event). Also, it is recommended not to modify the value of Interval once set up, while editing the timings of a specific booth rep.
Note: If a booth rep has a specific chat slot either set up from the booth setup form or the backend by creating a new slot (as explained above), this time interval will be overwritten by the chat slot duration that is explicitly defined.