So, you have created a booth and now want to add a booth admin/representative against it? To do so, you need to do add a user(s) against the booth from the event backend platform. Users are the booth representatives who are responsible for entertaining attendees’ queries in the booth chatroom. These users appear on the right side under the section “Booth Reps Online” in a booth chatroom. One booth can have multiple booth representatives.
To add a booth representative, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Log in to the vFairs backend event platform.
2. Go to Booths -> Booth Listing and click on the users icon under the Actions column against the booth to which you want to add a booth representative.
3. On the Users popup, you can see the names of the users who are already added as the booth representatives. To add a new booth rep, click on the +Add button.
4. The New User form will pop open, as shown in the image below.
5. On the New User popup form, enter the following information.
- First Name: To distinguish a booth representative, always keep the first name as “booth name Rep”. For example, if the booth name is Booth A, then the first name will become “Booth A Rep”. This helps the attendees to identify the booth representative if the booth admins of other booths are also active in the same booth chatroom.
- Last Name: Here you can enter the actual name of the booth representative. The image below shows how a booth representative’s name appears on the frontend (in a booth chatroom).
- Username: This will always be an email id of the booth representative using which the booth rep can log in to the event. This email id will remain private, and will not be visible to the attendees on viewing the booth rep’s profile. If you want to share the email id with attendees, you can use the profile section to mention the contact details.
- Meeting Link: In the booth chatroom, there are options of audio call and video call. Click here to learn more about this field.
- Password: Setup a password that the booth rep will use to log in to the event.
Note: If you open a user’s form in edit mode, then a note will be displayed below the Password label. It determines that the password for the user is already set. However, if you want to change the password, you can enter the new one in the field. Otherwise, just leave the field blank. In the latter case, the previous password will remain stored and can be used to log in.
- Profile: This text area can be used to write a booth rep’s introduction or contact information. If you leave it blank, then “N/A” will appear on the frontend (in the booth chatroom, when “Chat Now” is clicked”).
6. Once you have added all the necessary information on the New User form, click on the Save button given at the bottom of the form. The saved user's record will be listed on the Users popup window that can be accessed at the path: Booths -> Booth Listing -> click on the users icon.
The users that are added against a booth by following the steps mentioned above can play the role of a booth admin/representative. They are supposed to log in to the event page using the login credentials (username/password) that are set up at the time of creating their account, as done in the above-mentioned steps.