So you have set up your booth for the event day, and now you wonder how to communicate with the event attendees who will be visiting your booth? Well, if enabled from the backend, you will find the option of chat on the booth navigation bar. By clicking the "Chat" tab you can enter into your booth chatroom.
When you enter a booth chatroom, a webpage with the following listed options is opened up.
- Chat area: This is the area in the middle of the page where you can send and receive messages to and from the attendees.
- Booth Reps Online: It displays the names of booth representatives of the specific booth in which the chatroom is opened.
- Online Users: It will display all the online attendees who are present in the currently joined chatroom.
- Direct Messages: It will display all the attendees with whom the you already had a private chat.
- Chatrooms: The names of all the chatrooms that you have joined already will appear on the left panel, along with the display of the total number of online users present in that chatroom.
Booth Chatroom (Public Chatroom)
A booth chatroom is always a public chatroom by default. The messages sent by an attendee or a booth rep in a booth chatroom (public chatroom) can be seen by all the attendees present in the chatroom. Hence, all the attendees of the chatroom can respond to an attendee’s or the booth representative’s message.
The image shared below shows how a public chatroom looks like.
This is a one-on-one chatroom where the message sent by a booth representative can only be viewed by a specific attendee.
If you want to initiate a direct chat with an attendee, click on the Chat Now option that appears next to the attendee's name on the mouse hover in the chatroom. A private chat room with the selected attendee will be opened up, as shown in the image below. Here, you can directly send a message to a specific attendee.